FTC Disclosure: i-travelPH.com receives financial compensation when the affiliate link(s) on this page are clicked on and a purchase is made.

japanese visas

Japan Tourist Visa: 6 Types of Japanese Visas for Foreigners

Knowing the six types of Japanese visas for foreigners. The immigration departments of most countries in the world require foreign tourists to apply for visas to enter the country. Of course, there are exceptions: many countries have signed special agreements with other countries. Allows their citizens to travel within that country without a visa. However, these arrangements only apply to short-term stays-long-term stays require a visa. Japan is no exception.

If you are looking for a Japanese travel visa, you need to understand the 6 types of Japanese visas. This depends on your reason for going to Japan. You will need one of these visas. To enter, visit/stay and perform certain activities in that country.

The six Japanese visas are temporary visitor visas, work visas, ordinary visas, specific visas, diplomatic visas, and official visas.

The first is a visa-free stay. As the name suggests, they called this a temporary visitor visa. However, don’t fool by this name-there are many restrictions on visa-free stays. To qualify for a visa-free stay in Japan. It must prepare you to leave the country within 90 days of entering the country. In addition, when entering the country. You must carry a passport that is valid for the entire period of your stay. You must have a return ticket to leave the country.

Japanese visas

The visa is valid for 90, 30, or 15 days. If you plan to work in Japan, which means you make money there. You will need to apply for a work visa before entering the country. According to the Japanese Immigration Bureau, the validity period of a work visa is 1 or 3 years. You must apply for a Japanese work visa before entering Japan. This means that you cannot enter Japan with a visa-free stay. Then switch to a work visa without leaving the country first.

The official categories of Japanese work visas. These include teachers, artists, religious activities, journalists, investors/business managers. A legal/accounting services, medical services, researchers, lecturers, engineers. Humanities experts, internal company transfers, artists, and skilled workers.

Your trip to Japan may allow you to stay there for over 90 days. But you do not intend to make money while you are there.

Hotel Monterey La Soeur Osaka
Hotel Monterey La Soeur Osaka
This hotel features 3 restaurants, a full-service spa and a spa tub. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include self parking, massage/treatment rooms and a meeting room. All rooms are soundproofed and offer free wired Internet and free bottled water. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with digital channels, and guests will also find fridges and in-room massages.


Instead, you may plan to study or take part in certain cultural activities in Japan. Or, you may live with friends, family, or stay at home for over 90 days. If this describes your situation, you will need to apply for a regular visa for visiting Japan. The validity period is 1 year or 6 months (cultural activities). Two years or 1 year (university students), 1 year or 6 months (university preparatory students). One year or 6 months (apprenticeship), or 3/2/1 year, or 6/3 months (depending on).

Japan Travel

You may be married to a Japanese citizen, the spouse of a Japanese permanent resident, or a long-term resident. Here, you need to apply for a specific visa to stay in Japan. The validity period is 3 years, 1 year, or 6 months.

ALSO READ: Japan Visa: Top 3 Japanese Visa Options

You are a diplomat or diplomatic courier going to Japan; you need a diplomatic visa when entering Japan. By conferring to the Japanese Immigration Bureau, diplomatic visas are only valid during the mission. The visa is valid during the mission. If your work style supports diplomatic efforts, such as serving as a technical or administrative clerk supporting diplomats. You will need to apply for a so-called official visa. Like the diplomatic visa, this visa is only valid during the mission.

Sheraton Grand Hiroshima Hotel
Sheraton Grand Hiroshima Hotel
This hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and a 24-hour fitness centre. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a spa tub and a steam room are on-site. All 238 rooms boast deep soaking bathtubs, and offer free WiFi and 24-hour room service. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with DVD players, and guests will also find free wired Internet and free bottled water.


Note: you are still not sure about the specific plan for your trip to Japan. It may incline you to enter Japan using a visa-free stay method while maintaining your choice. This is fine, as long as you leave the country within the specified 90 days. You are not trying to make money while in Japan. However, a plan to stay longer than 90 days or plan to work. Please do your best to apply for the type of visa. You can save a lot of trouble in the future.

Photo by Jezael Melgoza on Unsplash





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *